Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Teen Girls

Sometimes I wonder if I put to much pressure on my daughter. She is 14 now and in all actuallity I have had very little problems with her. Once in a while she gets a little mouthy and I do mean a little but I tend to compare that "little" to the way her friends talk to their parents or my friends kids talk to them. I tell myself I shouldn't compare and I don't expect perfection but she is so good in other ways it seems getting on to her over a little mouthyness is to much. She's had and has freinds who are having or have had babies already, they party and smoke and drink and sneak out of the house all the time, they lie and don't do their school work. If they are supposed to have chores their parents usually would rather do them for them because they say its easier than making them do what they are told. My daughter does well in school with out pressure from me and she has her chores which she does as well. Now she is a bit of a slob and I constantly have to remind her to turn off lights but besides that she just is good! She will be mouthy or fly off the handle at things and it seems a bit disrespectful and I do get on to her about it but I'm afraid I'm asking for to much sometimes. Sometimes we wont agree on a boy she likes and I tell her so and quite frankly why I don't like them and we may not see eye to eye about it but if I don't allow her to see them, I'm worried I may push her to far. She's got 2 older sisters and 2 older brothers, a lot older so she's seem the horrors of the TEEN years. I had one daughter who ..as I call her..was my child from hell and my youngest says she learned a lot of what she should not do through watching what the family went through because of my middle daughter. She's a good kid and talented, very pretty and funny, well rounded, she's been in homecoming court and on honor roll. She's set her own standards high and I try to make her stick to those but it there a breaking point for all kids..or am I just lucky!

No comments: